COVID-19 AND THE BALKAN
Covid-19 is also haunting Kosovo and Albania. Many people have lost their job and consequently are without income. They have no money to buy food. This brings about bizarre and serious situations. Understandably the fear virus prevails among the population.
We contacted our local partners to enquire how things are going in their networks and what the specific needs are.
They confirm the urgency of the situation. The authorities do not do anything to help the poor, but churches and NGOs have started the distribution of food.
Our foundation has decided to financially support five partners. They compose and distribute the food packages.
- Pastor Jeton Sokoli in Gjakova, Kosovo
- Esat Kica, pastor and owner of a goat farm in Peja, Kosovo
- Evis Stafa of the Global Care Center in Tirana, Albania
- Sajmir Brazhdi in Lushnje, Albania
- Ilia Dishnica, Dorcas Foundation in Korçe, Albania
Would you like to help?
€ 20,- will provide a week’s food for a whole family. Our partners will see to distribution where most needed.
Submit your gift into bank account
NL68RABO01556.58.514 in the name of Stichting New Day Impact in Apeldoorn citing “Food packages”
Busier than ever